Thursday, February 23, 2012

Vacation: Feb 2012 [Flight back from LA to Chicago]

Flying in the clouds..

I dont travel much. When I do, I can be very amused by some ordinary things. Like, the experience of "flying in the clouds". Yesterday, [Feb. 22, 2012] when I was on my way back to Chicago, from LA; I tried to capture the descent of the aircraft, and the moment when the plane was flying between the clouds..

Left LA on a beautiful sunny morning.

Left LA on a beautiful sunny morning.. But Chicago weather was foul with clouds and rain. But it actually helped me, as I wanted clouds in the sky, to capture the experience of "flying in the clouds"..


Here the airplane is way above the cumulous clouds..
I am not aware of the altitude at which we were flying, but normally commercial airplanes fly in the upper Troposphere, at about 30,000 feet above the ground. And the puffy cumulus clouds form at about 10,000 feet.

I wanted to capture the moment when aircrafts fly between the clouds... so I started capturing the descent..

The DESCENT BEGINS..

The Descent begins..
Closer to the clouds..

Still closer to the clouds..

Entering the clouds..

Flying in the clouds..

Lower levels of the clouds..


Now the cloud is above the aircraft..

About to land at O'Hare International Airport.

And thus ends my 12 days trip to LA - Grand Canyon - Las Vagas - Hoover Dam - LA - and back to Chicago trip..

RELATED LINK:
Vacation: Feb 2012 [Los Angeles, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, back to Los Angeles and then back to Chicago]..

3 comments:

adgorn said...

You might enjoy my youtube of landing in O'Hare a few years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=241AGwcsOMY

alkuhn1 said...

You do great work no matter where you are! Eve in the clouds! Thanks!

birkin handbag said...

I am going to go ahead and bookmark this article for my brother to check out later on tonight. Keep up the good work.